Taking care of your curly hair takes a lot more effort than having a straight hair. In fact, there are lots of issues you experience when you have more curls, including the following:
- Drier strands
- More prone to tangles
This is why it involved more appropriate taking care of from the simple washing, conditioning, to styling your hair.
How to Wash Your Curly Hair
If you have curly hair, it is more highly probable that you have drier hair. It requires more tending to and more consideration. And when in washing it, the following tips can be followed:
- Use specific conditioners and shampoos intended for damaged hair. Since your curly hair is more prone to damage, the perfect thing you can do is to choose best conditioner for curly hair, as well as damaged hair, which uses milder ingredients. Shampoos bought from drugstores are more diluted and less effective so it would be better to buy from salons instead.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily. Since your hair is drier, it does not require frequent washing since it would cause more frizz. It is recommended to simply shampoo your hair at most twice a week.
- Choose to regularly co-wash your hair. Wash and condition your hair without having to use shampoo. While you have to limit the shampoo to avoid drying it more, your hair still needs the moisture.
- Choose specific kind of conditioner. In choosing a conditioner, avoid silicon-based conditioners. Make sure to get a feel of the conditioner and see how it affects your hair and change it when necessary.
- When your hair feels drier and more damaged, deeply condition it. Replenishing moisture in your hair would be best accomplished with deep conditioning treatments. Some tips you can follow to condition your hair better are:
- Apply conditioner before the shower
- Use shower cap and cover hair completely to lock in moisture from conditioner
- Rinse conditioner and brush hair like usual
How to Style Your Curly Hair
There are several tips that you can follow when styling your hair and some can be check out from Sherry’s Life online. If you don’t have the time, you can simply choose these following practical tips:
- Use diffuser when blow drying your hair
- Limit your blow drying to avoid having drier hair
- Help your hair look smoother by using anti-frizz serum on your hair
- Simply use your fingers or wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair
- Moisturize your hair with gels and creams
- When flat ironing, use low heat setting and heat protectant