The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE), Pune is an autonomous body recognized under the provisions of the Maharashtra Act of 1965. Maharashtra Board conducts the HSC and SSC Exam in nine divisional boards of the state located at Pune, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nasik, Kolhapur, Amravati, Latur, Nagpur and Ratnagiri.
The msbshse board functions as per the Rules & Regulations of:
- Maharashtra Secondary & Higher Secondary Act
- Maharashtra Secondary & Higher Secondary rules and regulations
- Sub-rules and regulations prepared by the Board
Structure of Maharashtra Board
The Executive Council consists of a total of 10 members. The MSBSHSE council is the executive authority of the State Board and consists of the Chairman and 9 other members elected by the board. Duties of the executive council include making of rules and regulations regarding the executive, financial and administrative procedures, to make amendments and take decisions regarding other matters.
Functions of Maharashtra State Board
The functions of MSBSHSE board are listed below:
1) The boards function according to the guidelines of the State Board and the provisions in the rules and regulations.
2) It is responsible for the implementation of the syllabus/curriculum for all classes, textbooks, exam schedule etc.
3) The board is responsible for the creation of textbooks, scoring of the centralised tests and conducting board exams.
Exam Pattern of Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (HSC)
Subjects and Number of Papers and Practicals for the HSC Examination is mentioned below.
(i) In each of the two languages and Environment Education under the Compulsory Group carrying 50 marks each.
(ii) In each of the four elective subjects from the Elective Group carrying 100 marks each.
The names of the individual subjects to be taken according to the scheme are shown in the table below along with the number of papers, duration of papers and maximum marks.
|Subject||Theory||Practicals / Oral / Project||Maximum Marks|
|No.of Papers||Duration (Hours)||Marks||No.of Practicals||Duration (Hours)||Marks|
- Modern Indian Language or Modern Foreign Language or Classical Language
- Environment Education
- Health and Physical Education
Students in Standards 11 and 12 of Maharashtra Board will be offered with:
- i) English – as a compulsory language and
- ii) A Modern Indian Language or A Modern Foreign Language or A Classical Language or Information Technology.
iii) Environment Education
- iv) Health and Physical Education (Grade Subject)
Exam Pattern of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination
The list of subjects for the Maharashtra SSC Board is mentioned below.
- First Language
- Second Language: Modern Indian Languages
- Second Language: Classical Languages
- Second Language: Modern Foreign Languages
- Third Language
- Information Communication Technology
- Science And Technology
- Social Sciences
- Personality Development
- Work Education
- Prevocational Subjects
- School Examination Certificate Subjects: Compulsory
- School Examination Certificate Subjects: Others
Latest Update on Maharashtra Board Exam 2020
MSBSHSE conducts the exam twice a year. Approximately 1,400,000 students appear for the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) exam and 1,700,000 for Secondary School Certificate (SSC) every year.
Annual exams are held in March, July and October every year, and the results for the same are declared in June, and January respectively. The results of the Maharashtra Board HSC and SSC exam 2020 are likely to be announced by June 10. The result got delayed due to the COVID-19 situation as Maharashtra is the worst affected state in India due to corona. So, students are advised to keep a check on the official website for the latest updates.